Thinking Hats at Redden Court School
Students and staff at Redden Court enjoy using Edward DeBono’s Thinking Hats to explore ideas and focus on their work from a variety of perspectives:
The White Hat
- The White Hat calls for information known or needed.
The Red Hat
- The Red Hat signifies feelings, hunches and intuition.
The Black Hat
- The Black Hat is judgment and the negatives.
The Yellow Hat
- The Yellow Hat symbolises optimism and positivity.
The Green Hat
- The Green Hat focuses on creativity: the possibilities, alternatives and new ideas.
The Blue Hat
- The Blue Hat is used to manage the thinking process.
Textiles students enjoyed designing and making the Thinking Hats as part of an extra-curricular project. These hats are on display to remind our school community about using them and the value they can add to their work and learning.